Increase opens and clickthroughs1) Don't get caught in the spam filter! Be sure you've got prior consent to mail your contacts.
2) They won't open emails from someone they don't know either. Authenticate your sender so they're positive your emails actually come from you!
3) Segment your list and send relevant, highly targeted messages at all times. People signing up to learn about X won't care about Y (and may even flag you for spam!). Special offers for specific customer should never be sent out to everyone. Each customer profile needs to be handled differently. You can even have E-goi display different things to different customers in the same email!
4) 3 seconds is all you've got to stand out from the inbox clutter. Go for catchy, hyper-relevant subject lines - and make them fun to boot. Check out these tips by Wordstream. And do make sure to use your email snippet to clinch a killer subject line!
5) Don't make it harder for people to click through your emails. Use a clean, responsive design with a can't-miss-it call to action. Get inspired and add our merge codes to address each contact individually.
6) Split-tests are your friends. Let them help you automatically figure out which design/text combo really tickles your audience's fancy.
7) People may go for days without checking their inbox. Get audience-wide engagement by auto-texting those folks who haven't opened your email yet.
8) All hail the age of mobile! In addition to going responsive, feel free to use push notifications to turn your leads into loyal customers.
purchased and harvested lists like the plague! They'll wreck your sending reputation.
2) Keep your list healthy, regularly whittling it down to those contacts who consistently interact with your emails. Filter out non-openers and set them up for a "missing you!" campaign so they can choose to stay or unsubscribe for real. Also, purge all contacts who never opened any of your messages after you mailed them often.
3) Enforce double opt-in across all your subscription forms to prevent invalid or unwanted sign-ups. E-goi's forms include this by default.
4) Make sure your sign-up form clearly states what subscribers will get and how often. Live up to this and consider adding the contact's subscription date to your email's header or footer (use our !dateadd code) so they're never in doubt about why they're getting emails from you.
5) Avoid overwhelming your contacts! Are they saying "too many emails" when unsubscribing? Dial things down a bit and adjust your mailing frequency accordingly.
sign-up forms to your website and Facebook page. If you already use an external form or landing page service, we probably integrate with it. Got a landing page in mind? These examples will make your day!
2) Dang it, no website, you say? Not to worry, take a look at this blog building how-to.
3) Set up an autoresponder to offer your newly subscribed contacts a cool freebie (discount voucher, ebook, etc.). Got no ebook experience? Never fear!
4) Create an online course which doles out regular emails containing each lesson, leaving subscribers craving for more. Our Autobots make it a doddle and this workflow guide by Julie Neidlinger shall put you on the right track.
5) Old-school subscription methods are still useful. If you've got a brick-and-mortar business or if you're attending a trade show, bring a tablet along and use it to display your opt-in landing pages.
6) More tips? Have a gander at Forbes'!
2) Ready to get your email out the door? You can have E-goi auto-post it on your Facebook and Twitter profiles while at it.
3) Run a referral (member-get-member) campaign! Ask your contacts to forward your newsletter to 10 friends and reward those who bring in the most conversions. You can also create sweepstakes and contests. Draw a lucky winner from all those who share your email on Facebook!