Want to strengthen the lead generation or lead capture strategy on your website?
E-goi allows you to create several form types, including pop-up or floating window forms ;-)
Why should I use these forms?
- They're adaptable: You can choose the type that best suits your website design and customise it using our drag & drop editor :)
- They're friendly: All you have to do is time them just right.
Types of Pop-up Form
It'll all depend on your needs, so here are your choices:
- Pop-up box: Centred on a page, this option provides you with space in which to highlight products or special offers to catch your customers' interest when they're signing up or registering.
- Sidebars: On the left or right.
- Banner: Headers or footers.
- Fullscreen: Similar to a pop up box, but takes up the entire page.
What's the right timing for my pop-up form?
You can opt for the pop-up to appear when triggered by certain actions visitors take on your page. In fact, choosing the right behavioural trigger is critical to requesting data in the friendliest way possible. Here are your options:
- When they access the page.
- When visitors reach a certain point or have scrolled through a certain percentage of the page.
- When visitors take an action towards leaving your website.
- Once they've been browsing for some time.
How do I create and publish a pop-up form on my website?
Step 1: Creating a form
1) Click on Collect in the main menu, then hover over Forms in the drop-down menu that will appear and click on Create.
2) Next, select Pop-up Form and pick the website you want it to appear on from the drop-down menu. Click Next.
3) Then choose to create From scratch and select the type or design of your Pop-up.
Important note: Each pop-up form needs to be linked to a website, which must be configured previously in the E-goi Tag Manager.
The contact list you choose in this step will be where the contact information is stored when your visitors register or sign up.
Step 2: Customising your form
You can start configuring your pop-up now by working through the options.
- Internal name: Give your pop-up a name you'll be able to recognise it by.
- Language: Choose the language used on the page and for the confirmation email template.
- Behavioural trigger: To activate the pop-up.
Step 3: Customise your pop-up form's appearance and fields
Customise your form using our editor. All you have to do is drag the elements on the left, drop them into the centre and configure all the options on the right.
Basically, all you have to do is follow the same principle as on the sign-up landing page editor.
The difference is, here you'll be able to view a simulation of how your pop-up will look on your page ;-)
In this step you can also set how you want it to be positioned (left, right, top, bottom) and how big (small, medium, large) you want the pop-up to be.
To do this, you'll find the option you need in the Settings menu in the top right-hand corner of the editor.
When you're ready, click on Next.
Step 4: Determine the steps you want your visitors to take once they've signed up
Decide where each type of contact will be directed.
- Language assigned to contacts: Contacts who sign up using the pop-up form will be assigned the language you choose in this step.
Please note that you can choose any of the languages previously added to your contact list. If you don’t see the language you want, you'll need to add it to your list.
If you add a language field to the form, your contacts can choose the language they want, which will then be assigned to them automatically :)
- Tag your contacts: You can tag contacts who sign up using your form and keep them automatically segmented.
- Behaviour: Here you can decide what will be displayed to new sign-ups, previously registered contacts and those who have unsubscribed.
You can simply display a message once they've submitted their data, or send them to a link or page you have created in E-goi.
You can also choose whether you want to send a confirmation email once they have subscribed or not.
Select whichever options make the most sense to you, and edit the email if you need to! :)
- Limit registrations: You can choose whether you want to limit registrations by IP address, number of subscribers or visits, and the date.
When you're finished, click on Next.
Step 5: Confirm everything and activate your pop-up form
Check you're happy with all the options you've chosen in the previous steps.
If there's anything you still want to change, just click on Edit.
You can either activate your pop-up from here or via the E-goi Tag Manager whenever you want :)
How do I see the results of my pop-up form?
You'll need to go into your list of forms to access the report:
1) Click on Collect in the main menu, hover over Forms and click on View All.
2) Find the form you want to view, click on the button with three lines on the right and select Results from the drop-down menu.