Do you run a WordPress-powered site? You can easily integrate it with E-goi to add marketing automation to your site!
1) Download our Smart Marketing plugin for WordPress and install it. Use your E-goi account's API key to activate it.
2) Once the plugin is up and running, click the "Smart Marketing" menu in your WordPress admin panel and hit "Capture Contacts".
3) Click "Simple Forms" and choose the E-goi list your site visitors will subscribe to. You can also pick or create a tag (eg. "course A", "ebook B", etc.) which E-goi will assign to your subscribrers - perfect to segment them later!
4) Name your form and choose the fields it'll contain. These are usually "Name", "Email" and "Submit button". Save your changes.
5) WordPress will show you the form's shortcode (it looks something like [egoi-simple-form "id=X"], with X being the form's ID number). Simply insert this shortcode in the HTML source of the page you want the form to be displayed. If you use Visual Composer or Page Builder, you can do the same by just adding the "E-goi" item.
You're all set! After publishing your WordPress page, visitors can see your form and will be fed into your E-goi list on subscription. Now just set up an Autobot in E-goi to send them an automated follow-up sequence!
My WordPress returns an error when installing the E-goi plugin. How do I fix it?Start by checking that:
- Your server meets WordPress minimum requirements (especially the PHP version).
- You have read/write permissions in your WordPress main folder.
- You've got SOAP set up and ready to go in your WordPress PHP.
If you still have trouble installing our plugin, head over to the "Help" menu in your E-goi account and get in touch with us so we can have a look at your WordPress install and sort you out.
Can I create a WordPress sign-up bar? Or embed my form in a widget?Sure! Hit "Subscriber Bar" instead of "Simple Forms" to enable it and customise its look and feel. Regarding widgets, head over to the "Appearance" menu in your WordPress admin panel, hit "Widgets" and choose the E-goi form the widget will display. Then, go back to the "Smart Marketing" menu, click "Capture Contacts" and hit "Widget Options" to set those up.
How do I insert a more advanced form (with extra fields) I've already created in E-goi?1) Hit "Advanced Forms" instead of "Simple Forms". Then click "Create Form" and choose how you want WordPress to display it (as an Iframe, raw HTML or pop-up).
2) Now head over to E-goi and deploy your existing form using the same option you've selected above. Copy the HTML code we provided and paste it in the form you're currently creating in WordPress (under the "HTML code" section). Save your changes, copy the shortcode WordPress generated for you and insert it in the HTML source of the page you want the form to appear.
Done! The form will be shown to your visitors when you publish your WordPress page.