Do you run a Magento-powered site? You can integrate it with E-goi to turn into a lean, mean marketing automation machine!
What can I do with this integration?
- Sync your shop's customers with E-goi and start sending segmented campaigns to them.
- Enable the Track & Engage feature to track your customer's behaviours.
- Sync your products with E-goi and easily add them into your email campaigns.
- Send transactional messages with order status or payment information.
- Check your revenue by campaign sent.
How can I integrate it?
1) Download the E-goi extension for Magento 2. Unpack the ZIP file and use your FTP app to upload the whole content of the "Egoi2" folder to the root folder of your Magento installation. Connect via SSH to your Magento root directory and run the following (you can skip the last two commands if your shop is currently offline):
2) After the E-goi extension is installed, log into your Magento admin panel and head over to the "Marketing" menu, where a new "E-goi Marketing" menu has been added. Use your E-goi account's API key to activate our extension.
3) Once activated, the extension will create a contact list in your E-goi account containing two extra fields: magento_locale (the contact's language) and magento_store (your store's URL). The next time you run a Magento cron job, all your current customers will be synced to your E-goi list. You can also go to the "Accounts" menu of the E-goi extension to do this manually.
And that's it really! From then on, any new customer in your Magento shop will also be added to your E-goi list.
My Magento returns an error when installing the E-goi extension. How do I fix it?
Start by checking that:
- Your server meets Magento 2 minimum requirements (especially the PHP version and available memory).
- The user has permission in Magento to access the E-goi extension.
If you still have trouble installing our extension, head over to the "Help" menu in your E-goi account and get in touch with us so we can have a look at your Magento install and sort you out.
Succeed installation. What should I do to complete my set-up?
- Enable the Track & Engage:
You can start by activating this feature. This one will allow E-goi to save useful information about your customers' behaviour in your store.
Then you can send segmented campaigns according to that information: bought products, date of the last purchase, etc.
Click Store (left-hand side of the screen) and hit Configurations of the Settings tab. Then click Customers and select E-goi Marketing.
Finally, choose Yes from the E-goi Track & Engage dropdown list and click Save Config.
- Sync your products:
This action will automatically create a Magento Product Catalog in your E-goi account.
So that you can pick and add your products in your email campaigns, and easily show details about them: image, price, description, etc.
Click Marketing (left-hand side of the screen) and hit Account from the E-goi Marketing extension.
Find the Sync Catalog Products box and go to Click here to sync Magento Catalog with E-goi.
How can I add products to my email campaigns?
Use the Email Builder to create your email campaign and use the Ecommerce widgets.
Before you start, make sure that your products are synched and select the contact list associated to the integration.
Then, you just need to follow a few steps to send the campaign correctly.
- Drag-and-drop it and select the products from the Magento Catalog.
Abandoned Cart Widget:
- First of all: You should enable the Track & Engage. This is the only way to let E-goi know which products are in your customers cart :)
- Then drag-and-drop it and select the products from the Magento Catalog. As the products may be different for each client, you'll only see the codes that will be automatically replaced by each product.
- Before sending it: Choose the "Buyers with items in their cart" automatic segment.
- And that's it! Your campaign will be sent to those customers who have products in their cart.
Similar Products Widget:
Use this one to add similar products to those in your customers cart.
And follow the same steps used for the Abandoned Cart Widget.
How can I create an automated shopping cart recovery?
Create your automation from the shopping cart recovery template. It's almost ready to use, just teak it according to your needs.
The essentials to me it work:
- Enable the Track & Engage.
- Sync your products.
- Verify the segment selected in the Condition action.
- Use the Abandoned Cart Widget in your email campaign.
How can I auto-send SMS to my shop's customers?
You can set up an Autobot (which will dole out SMS texts, emails, push-based messages and do a heck lot more cool things). But our own Magento extension can send transactional texts for you (on purchase, shipping, etc.):
1) Go to the extension's "Autoresponders SMS" menu and click New Autoresponder. Under "Event Trigger" choose when the SMS will be sent and what triggers it.
2) Hit "Information" (left-hand side of the screen) and type in the message text. Its sender will be the same you add in E-goi. Feel free to use the "Insert widget" and "Insert variable" buttons to dynamically merge the customer's own purchase details in your text. When you're done, switch "Status" to "Active" and click "Save Autoresponder".
And there you have it! Your store will now automatically text customers who provided their mobile number and match the conditions you've set. To have a look at your SMS sends, click the extension's "Autoresponder Logs" menu.
Can I send SMS with payment information?
Yes! :) Just set them up for new orders and select one of the payment methods:
- Bank transfer
- Cash on delivery
- Credit Card
- Amazon Pay
- Multibanco (Portugal)
- PagSeguro (Bank Bill - Brazil)
How do I check my revenue by each email campaign sent?
Those records will be saved in Magento. Just follow these steps to keep it connected with your email campaigns:
- Enable the Track & Engage
- Create an email campaign with the products from your Magento store.
- Find the advanced options of that campaign, enable the integration with Google Analytics and keep the UTM default values.
- Then, you can view the results per campaign by entering the E-goi extension in Magento and clicking Conversions.
My store runs Magento 1.9 or earlir. Can I use E-goi extension?
We designed it from ground up for Magento 2, but if you can't upgrade your shop at this time, consider downloading our old Magento 1.9-compatible version.
You'll find a different interface but the logic applied is similar :)