Which contacts do you mean?
- Invalid or dead email addresses (bounces)
- Email addresses reporting you for spam (be sure this doesn't happen!)
- Spamtraps (oh boy...)
- Contacts requesting they never receive anything from you at all (or else...)
Whenever E-goi gets feedback from any of the above after you send your campaign (or if you ask us to do an account clean-up), those contacts will be automatically purged and moved to the suppression list to protect your account. If you later try to import them into any of your lists, E-goi will simply skip them.
Can I manually add contacts to my suppression list so I never import them ?Sure :)
1) Click the "Lists" menu to view all your lists in E-goi.
2) Hit the options button on the upper right corner of the page (right next to the "Create list" button) and select "Suppression list".
3) The suppression list will come up. Click "Add contacts for suppression", enter the contact's info (it can be an email address or a phone/mobile number) and save your changes .
If you already have a do-not-mail list from another marketing tool and y ou want to use it in E-goi, just copy all email addresses or phone numbers in that list and follow the steps above to paste them (make sure they are one per line), so you can add them to your E-goi suppression list in one go.
Can a contact in the suppression list be re-added to a mailing list in my E-goi account?Contacts in your suppression list will never be re-added by import.
But they will be added if they subscribe to any of your lists using a sign-up form or if you insert them manually .