Whenever you import contacts into your E-goi lists, you'll be able to check the import results by accessing the list's actions.
To do this, simply go to "Contacts" in the top menu, find the list where you made the import, and click on "Actions". Then, locate the import you made and, over the menu on the right side, click on "Result".
In addition to this, we'll also email you the results. They're divided into the following statuses:
- Imported: The number of new contacts actually added to the list.
- Updated: The number of contacts which aren't new, but whose profile was changed with new information from your file. This can happen if you tick the "Update my existing contacts' data (instead of simply adding new contacts)" option when doing your import.
- Ignored: Contacts which E-goi skipped and didn't import. There are some reasons for this to happen:
- Due to duplicate entries or if they aren't contacts at all (eg. an empty line in your Excel/CSV file).
- If the contact's "email" field (if you're importing emails) or "mobile/phone" field (if you're importing phone numbers) is empty.
- Contacts that don't have information in the unique field.
- Duplicate contacts in the document that have already been imported.
- Email addresses identified as temporary or suspicious.
- Contacts that already exist in the list and don't need to be updated.
- Contacts that have been removed from the list.
- Invalid: Contacts which E-goi found not to be valid. This includes mistyped email addresses (missing "@" or ".com") and badly formatted telephone numbers. Keep in mind this is just a formatting check and won't verify whether your valid emails are bouncing. If you'd like to deep check all your email addresses, have a gander at our separate clean-up service.
Can I find out exactly which contacts are in each status?
Yes! In the import results area. If you want to analyse and adjust the ignored or invalid contacts, you can download the report in CSV or XML and work on it outside of E-goi before importing it again.
To do this, simply go to "Contacts" in the top menu, find the list where you made the import, and click on "Actions". Then, find the import you made and, over the menu on the right side, choose how you want to view the results.