Which version of your email will have the best response? The one with a punchier subject line? Should you go for a "View item" button or a "Buy it now"? You can automatically leave that call to your own audience!
Just run an A/B split-test. E-goi will send both versions of your email to a slice of your contact list (usually 5%). Half of those people will get version A while the other half receives version B. E-goi then gauges how each version performs for a couple hours and sends out the winning email (the one with more opens or clicks) to the remaining 95% of your list.
Running an A/B test is pretty easy:
1) Start by creating two or more different versions of the email you want to send. Those differences can be as small (subject line only) or as big (a wholly different layout and pics) as you like.
2) Hit the Engage menu and click A/B tests.
3) A new page will come up. Click Create A/B test.
4) Choose how the winner will be picked (eg. the one with the most clickthroughs wins!). Provide the test with a title and select the contact list (and its segments, if necessary) you want to run your test on.
5) Tick the email campaigns you want to test (these are the ones you've created in the first step).
6) Under Options, select how the test will be split across your contacts and for how long (1 hour is usually enough). E-goi defaults to run the test on 5% of your list or segment, but you can make it larger. These will be the contacts picking your winning campaign!
7) Now simply choose when you want to run the test (right there and then or schedule it) and what happens when it finishes: E-goi can auto-send the winning campaign to the remainder of your contacts or simply wait for you to check the test results and send the winner manually.
8) All set? Just click Enable A/B test at the bottom of the page.
E-goi will then go (or wait until the time you scheduled) and split-test for the number of hours you've chosen. When done, it'll be marked as Finished, so you can then hit Report to find out which email edged out for the winning spot.
And that's all there is to it. A/B tests are perfect to figure out how your email contents truly impacts engagement, as the choice of what works or not is made by your own contacts (without them realising it). Try it!