Whether you send SMS / Smart SMS campaigns or have set up Transactional SMS, you're probably all too familiar with some of the network operator limitations and regulations that need to be known when dealing with certain countries.
In this article, we'll go through everything you need to know about messaging clients in the US (as well as Canada and Saudi Arabia).
Get started sending SMS Messages to the USA
First, you'll need to add a dedicated sender - get in touch to find out your options.
You can do this by hitting Help on the main menu.
Regulations on sending SMS Messages to the USA
To avoid any surprises and ensure your messages are delivered successfully, bear in mind some of the restrictions set by network operators:
Delivery not supported or subject to blockages:
- Alphanumeric senders are not supported.
- Numeric senders may be blocked.
- Network operators do not permit use of a shared short code (5 or 6 digits-long).
Delivery is permitted but subject to approval:
- You may send messages using your own short code (5 or 6 digits-long), but the message content is subject to approval by the network operator. It may take between 8 and 12 weeks to have your message approved.
- You may send messages using a 10DLC - Ten Digit Long Code (virtual number), but the message content is subject to approval by the network operator.